Nocturnal Enuresis; that is Bed Wetting in Children.
Nocturnal Enuresis (NE) is one of the most common disorders among the children. NE is the condition, in which the symptoms of bed wetting prevail during deep sleep hours, ”above the age of 5 years”!
Other related symptoms include:
- Day time incontinence.
Pharmacologic Treatment (treatment with drugs/medicines) is not recommended under 6 years of age.
Non-Pharmacologic Treatment of Bed Wetting include:-
- Motivational Therapy
- Bladder Training Exercises
- Regulation of intake of Fluids
- Enuresis Alarm
- Electrical Stimulation Therapy
Complementary Alternative Therapies
Among the Alternative Therapies; it includes the following:-
- A pinch of pink rock salt, 15 to 20 minutes before going to bed.
- Half a teaspoon of high quality pure organic Turmeric Powder in half a glass of water with half a pinch of black pepper, if given during the morning hours and again by late evening hours, have given appreciable results in most of the patients.
- Boil 1 or 2 dates in milk and offer this lukewarm shake at least 45 minutes before going to bed; has proved to be a useful alternative which gradually stops bed wetting.
- Pressing for 5 minutes daily at the acupuncture point of your Child’s right little finger, at the middle of the top line 20 minutes before going to bed has also given desirable results